Organic Navy Beans
Navy beans are an excellent source of cholesterol-lowering fiber, as are most other beans. In addition to lowering cholesterol, navy beans' high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal, making these beans an especially good choice for individuals with diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia. When combined with whole grains such as brown rice, navy beans provide virtually fat-free high quality protein. But this is far from all navy beans have to offer. Navy beans are a very good source of folate and manganese and a good source of protein and vitamin B1 as well as the minerals phosphorus, copper, magnesium and iron.
- Make a delicious sandwich spread by blending cooked navy beans in a food processor with olive or flax oil and your favorite herbs and spices.
- Add a protein punch to tomato soup by serving it with some pre-cooked navy beans mixed throughout.
- Mix cooked navy beans with olive sage and garlic and serve on bruschetta.
- Combine navy beans with cooked roasted buckwheat and healthy sautéed onions and shiitake mushrooms for a hearty main dish.
- Use navy beans to make delicious and nutritious white chili.
- Add cooked and cooled navy beans to a salad of leeks and chard and top with a rosemary vinaigrette.
Organic navy beans
Product of China - Certified Organic Product
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.