Organic Matcha Tea Powder
Matcha is a Japanese green tea powder made from finely powdered dried tea leaves. It has a slightly bitter, vegetal taste and a green colour that results from the leaves’ high chlorophyll levels. It’s been the cornerstone of traditional Japanese tea ceremonies for centuries, but it recently became popular in the rest of the world because of its health benefits. Not only is it good for making tea but you can use it your cereals, smoothies and baking!
If you're new to making matcha, or if your tea tastes bitter, add a few drops of maple syrup or honey to sweeten it to your liking.
- ¼ teaspoon matcha
- 2 ounces boiling water
- 6 ounces additional boiling water or steamed milk of choice, almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, dairy milk, etc.
- Maple syrup, honey, or other sweetener, optional
- Sift the matcha into a mug or small bowl to get rid of any lumps.
- Pour in the 2 ounces boiling water. Using a matcha whisk or small regular whisk, whisk briskly from side to side until the matcha is fully dispersed and there is a foamy layer on top.
- Add the remaining 6 ounces boiling water or steamed milk and whisk again until foamy. Sweeten to taste, if desired.
Organic green tea leaves
Product of China - Certified Organic Product
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.